Interim Head Coach Angus Eve released the names of his 26-man roster for Trinidad and Tobago upcoming game against Montserrat on July 2, 2021.
The preliminary round is under a knockout format whereby the winner advance to a second round
12.1. The Gold Cup Prelims will be played in a format which features two (2) rounds of competitions.
GOLD CUP REGULATIONS 2021
12.2. Round One: The twelve Participating Member Associations will be divided into six
Matchups on July 2 are as follows:
• Matchup #1: Team A vs Team B
• Matchup #2: T&T vs Montserrat
• Matchup #3: Team A vs Team B
Matchups on July 3 are as follows
• Matchup #4: Team A vs Team B
• Matchup #5: Team A vs Team B
• Matchup #6: Team A vs Team B
12.3. The teams in each matchup will be determined via a draw. After single elimination play,
the six winners of each matchup will advance to Round Two.
12.4. Round Two of the Gold Cup Prelims will be played in a single elimination format
composed of three matchups:
• Matchup #7: Winner Matchup #1 vs Winner Matchup #6
• Matchup #8: Winner Matchup #2 vs Winner Matchup #5
• Matchup #9: Winner Matchup #3 vs Winner Matchup #4
12.5. The three winners of Round Two of the Gold Cup Prelims will advance to the 2021
Concacaf Gold Cup Group Stage.
12.6. If the score is tied at the end of regulation time, the matches will go straight to kicks from the penalty mark to determine the winner in accordance to the Laws of the Game. Stay Tuned!